Our Surf Guide
BeachCo. Guatemala is a surf tour operator specializing in surf trips and learn-to-surf in Guatemala and El Salvador.
All surf trips are custom made with hosting options by our experienced surf guide who has been surfing here for more than 10 years
Come surf Guatemala with the experts!
OUR SURF GUIDE - MICHAEL DUNLEVY
Originally from Melbourne Australia, Mike has been surfing the waves of Guatemala and El Salvador for 10 years now.
He is primarily based in Antigua, Guatemala, however, spends a lot of time at his secondary base in El Zonte, El Salvador too.
Mike speaks fluent Spanish, has been surfing for 20+ years and teaching learn-to-surf classes for 10 years now.
Having surfed all the best waves in both Guatemala and El Salvador, he knows where to go and how to get the best and least crowded waves possible and that is always the goal.
Learn to surf:
The goal with all the classes is to be safe, have lots of fun and be up and riding within the first 2 classes.
All the surf hotels he takes the surfers to are owned by trusted friends of ours meaning we have high confidence levels and great relationships with the teams there. We only work with hotels where this is the case, no exceptions.
When hosting a trip, our Surf Guide can provide the following services:
- Airport/Hotel transfers - pick you up/drop you off as needed
- Surf Tour transport - in his vehicle (Suzuki Vitara, air-conditioned, comfortably seats 5 people)
- Surfing - it's all about getting the best and most suitable waves with the least crowds. Our Surf Guide surfs with the surfers no matter what your level
- Surfboard rentals - high quality boards can be provided
- Learn-to-surf classes - it's all about being safe and learning to get up and riding as quickly as possible. Our Surf Guide oversees the learn-to-surf classes (usually with additional instructors depending on the size of the group)
- Accommodation and meals - organises it all and stays at the same location as the surfers (we have various accommodation options we can use depending on your budget and needs)
- Photos/Video - can be organised as necessary
- Other activities - do some yoga, take a Spanish class or climb a volcano? Our Surf Guide will organise it co-ordinate it around your surfing schedule
- Safety and security - always front of mind
** Depending on the details of the trip and needs of the surfers, additional local Surf Guides / Surf Instructors may be part of the trip too.