El Zonte - Backpackers Hostel
SURF EL ZONTE EL SALVADOR
BeachCo. Guatemala offers hotel options in both Guatemala and El Salvador and there are price-points to suit all budgets.
Located right on the beach in El Zonte, the hotel has super friendly vibes and is a great place to base yourself for surfing out the front and the nearby waves.
EL ZONTE - BACKPACKERS HOSTEL
Brand new (opened mid-2017), the Backpackers Hostel is part of our other El Zonte hotel - Alex's Place - catering to backpackers on a tight budget!
For the travelers who wants a nice clean dorm bed (without too many others in the room), a kitchen to store and prepare their food and access to the amenities of a full service hotel (Alex's Place), this is the option for you!
Located right in front of the beach, a 2 minute walk from Alex's Place, the Backpackers Hostel is safe, friendly and there is plenty of open space. At US $10 per person per night, value doesn't get much better than this!
- Location - right on the beach - the perfect place to base yourself for surfing / learn-to-surf classes and for those that just want to enjoy the beach
- Social vibe - with a total capacity of 12 at the hostel, it is an easy place to meet other travelers
- Friendly and helpful owner - Alex is usually over at the main hotel (if not surfing!), speaks perfect English and is also a legendary surfer / learn-to-surf instructor who knows a lot about other tourism activities and experiences you can do whilst there
- Great price - $10 per person, per night and such a great offering... Very hard to beat!
Key features of the hotel:
- Dorm beds with fan (no more than 4 per room)
- Kitchen - store and prepare your own food
- Big open spaces overlooking the beach
- Nice tropical garden areas
- Onsite Yoga and additional activities / tours available (at Alex's Place)
- Wifi (at Alex's Place)
Suitable for budget travelers:
- Surfers (experienced and learn-to-surf)
- Groups of friends
- DORM - Approx. $US 10 per night, per person
- Contact Us for full range of room options and prices
A friendly and chilled little beach village that almost always has surfable waves and low crowds.
El Zonte has a good variety of waves (3 different surfing areas within 300 metres) that are surfable in most conditions from 2-5ft. Waves bigger than 6ft generally close out this area so best to surf elsewhere.
The wave is suitable for experienced, intermediate surfers and learn-to-surf.
El Zonte is about 5 hour drive from Antigua. Our private shuttle leaves every day from Antigua at 8am and we also have private transport options (from Antigua and Guatemala City).
It is about a 50 minute drive from San Salvador City / San Salvador Airport. We can pick you up at either location and bring you here.
Whether you are an experienced surfer, a beginner or just want to hang at the beach, from our base here in Antigua, we can offer you options to suit all budgets.
Packages can include transport, accommodation, meals, surfing/learn-to-surf/surf guide and other activity options with departure/return options from Antigua, Guatemala City and San Salvador.