El Zonte - Alex's Place
SURF EL ZONTE EL SALVADOR
BeachCo. Guatemala offers hotel options in both Guatemala and El Salvador and there are price-points to suit all budgets.
Located right on the beach in El Zonte, the hotel has super friendly vibes and is a great place to base yourself for surfing out the front and the nearby waves.
EL ZONTE - ALEX'S PLACE
Alex's Place is an always popular beach hotel which appeals to almost everyone.
We've known Alex and his hotel for over 10 years so always feel confident sending people there.
Whether you're a surfer, learn-to-surfer, backpacker, couple, group of friends or a family, Alex's Place can offer the right experience for you.
Located right where the beach meets the river in El Zonte, the hotel is a safe and relaxing place to be and also a great location to base yourself for surfing.
- Location - the perfect place to base yourself for surfing / learn-to-surf classes and for those that just want to enjoy the beach
- Welcoming vibe - very friendly team of workers and an easy place to meet other travelers
- Friendly and helpful owner - Alex is usually there (if not surfing!), speaks perfect English and is also a legendary surfer / learn-to-surf instructor who knows a lot about other tourism activities and experiences you can do whilst there
- Great food - the restaurant is famous for it's pizza!
Key features of the hotel:
- Private rooms with air-conditioning and private bathrooms (ideal for couples, a few friends and families)
- Private rooms with fans and shared bathrooms (ideal for those who want privacy on a budget)
- Dorm beds with fan and kitchen access (located 2 mins away at the Backpackers Hostel - ideal for backpackers / those on a budget)
- Big bar and restaurant areas with river and ocean views
- Nice tropical garden areas
- Onsite Yoga and additional activities / tours available
- Surfers (experienced and learn-to-surf)
- Groups of friends
A friendly and chilled little beach village that almost always has surfable waves and low crowds.
El Zonte has a good variety of waves (3 different surfing areas within 300 metres) that are surfable in most conditions from 2-5ft. Waves bigger than 6ft generally close out this area so best to surf elsewhere.
The wave is suitable for experienced, intermediate surfers and learn-to-surf.
El Zonte is about 5 hour drive from Antigua. Our private shuttle leaves every day from Antigua at 8am and we also have private transport options (from Antigua and Guatemala City).
It is about a 50 minute drive from San Salvador City / San Salvador Airport. We can pick you up at either location and bring you here.
Whether you are an experienced surfer, a beginner or just want to hang at the beach, from our base here in Antigua, we can offer you options to suit all budgets.
Packages can include transport, accommodation, meals, surfing/learn-to-surf/surf guide and other activity options with departure/return options from Antigua, Guatemala City and San Salvador.