(OLD)FOR SURFERS - Iztapa
** FROM JUST $26 PER PERSON
DAY TRIP FOR SURFERS - ANTIGUA TO IZTAPA
Looking to surf the best wave in Guatemala from your base in Antigua?
DESTINATION - IZTAPA
The best wave in Guatemala - truly world class when it is working!
It is a 200 meter right hand wave that can barrel on good days and provides long walls on other days (best surfed from low tide to mid).
The wave is suitable for experienced and confident intermediate surfers:
- For experienced surfers, it is best on 4-8ft swells. Depending on the conditions, it can be surfed on bigger swells (8-10ft plus) too!
- For intermediate surfers, it is best on 3-4ft swells.
- For learn-to-surf surfers, it is possible to surf inside the river-mouth.
- For non-surfers coming along, you can swim in the ocean and the river-mouth.
Iztapa is the closest wave to Antigua and Guatemala City, only 75 minutes drive away.
There is no hotel to base ourselves at or restaurants to eat at so bring your own water/snacks. There is a location for showering post surf.
Total tour time - 8 hours - depart Antigua 4am and be back in Antigua by 12pm
We will collect you from your hotel in Antigua at 4am, arrive at the beach at 5.45am (after taking the boat across to surf location), surf all morning until 10am and then depart at 10.30am to be back in Antigua by 12pm.
- Q200 per person (approx $26) * 5 customers on trip
- Q245 per person (approx $31) * 4 customers on trip
- Q320 per person (approx $41) * 3 customers on trip
- Q470 per person (approx $60) * 2 customers on trip
- Q920 per person (approx $118) * 1 customer on trip
* Includes private transport with our Surf Guide - who will surf with you & oversee the group / parking and boat crossing / use of bathrooms and showers (maximum of 5 customers on trip).
** Payments based on cash payments (extra charges for credit card)
** Surfboard rental is extra
** Learn-To-Surf classes are extra